Nowadays, people do not utilize golf carts only on the course. Users have discovered several methods to utilize a golf cart. For instance, it is used to deliver a variety of items for the general public. But if your kids involves in golf cart then how to install a baby car seat on a golf cart is important for you.
If you need to haul beach equipment, move quickly between sports games, or just navigate through your neighborhood to go to the pool, you may utilize these vehicles. And occasionally, it is true, that a Golf Cart is a slow-speed motor vehicle or a vehicle for personal use. As these are considerably faster than golf carts and more akin to slower electric vehicles or automobiles.
With the increasing and varied usage of golf carts and other low-speed vehicles over the last decade, more accidents have occurred, particularly involving youngsters.
According to data published in the New England Journal of Preventive Medicine, the incidence of incidents involving golf carts has been steadily growing each year. And about one-third of accidents involve individuals under the age of sixteen. The most often occurring cause of injury was falling out of the Golf Cart, accounting for 40% of all occurrences.
State laws and safety regulations are catching up, though. Adding a baby seat to a golf cart has become a must. There is more advice on how to securely and correctly install a baby seat to avoid any unexpected mishaps that your infant may encounter.
List of top 4 Golf Cart Seat Cover
- Fairway Golf Cart Seat Blanket/Cover
- Classic Fairway Golf Cart Seat Blanket
- Fairway Golf Cart Diamond Air Mesh Bench Seat Cover
- 4 Person Golf Cart Driving Enclosure Cover
Can You Put A Car Seat In A Golf Cart?
Yes, you can certainly use a car seat in a golf cart; in fact, it’s safer than carrying your child in your lap.
Take note that car seat makers must comply with federal rules and that their products did not develop or test for use in vehicles other than cars, vans, SUVs, and light trucks.
This implies that your car seat handbook will not include instructions on how to install a baby car seat on a golf cart. But it is not impossible.
The good news is that golf carts travel at far slower speeds, are involved in fewer accidents, and pose a lesser danger of rolling over than conventional cars.
For several decades, golf carts have grown in popularity outside of the golf course, with numerous firms renting golf carts for use in tourist spots. Moreover, some families purchase for their own purposes. It is crucial to keep children safe when golf carts involved. This is where golf cart car seats come in.
This article will demonstrate how to install a baby car seat on a golf cart and keep your children safe while riding in your cart.
To install a car seat to your golf cart, you’ll need to make some preparations, which we’ll guide you through below.
How to Install a Baby Car Seat on a Golf Cart?
Before you begin fitting the car seat in your golf cart, ensure that your child’s car seat has a belt strap. It can pass through the back frame, in one direction and out the other.
This seat belt or lap belt will act as the golf cart’s car seat connection.
Begin by inserting the lap belt or seat belt into one side of the frame, looping it through the other, and fastening the seat belt’s buckle (just like you would in a typical car).
Apply pressure while tightening the belt as securely as possible to limit movement at the car seat’s base. Use your knee to press down the car seat to eliminate any remaining wiggle.
After securing the base, you’ll want to tie the tether on the car seat’s center or upper back to the golf cart.
Attach the tether to the golf cart’s seat or another part of the frame, making it as central as possible. This tether will help maintain the infant carrier upright and stabilize the top of the seat to prevent it from tipping.
If your golf cart does not come equipped with seat belts, we strongly advise that you add them using a golf cart seat belt kit.
Not only will this simplify and secure the installation of a baby carrier on your golf cart, but it will also provide additional safety for riders of all ages.
If mounting seat belts is not feasible owing to the model of your golf cart or other restrictions, you can use ratchet straps to fasten the car seat’s base to the golf cart’s seat or frame.
Never use bungee cords, as they do not provide the same level of security as a seat belt due to their excessive stretch
Learn step by step how to install a baby car seat on a golf cart: Instructions
Now we’ll have a better notion of how to install a baby car seat on a golf cart and how to prepare the Golf Cart and everything else. Let’s go through the entire installation procedure in detail to have a better understanding of it.
- To begin, put on your glasses and cut a 0.5-inch-wide piece of plywood for the infant seat’s foundation using a disk-shaped cutter. The board should be cut to a length equivalent to that of the forepart seat and should measure one foot in width.
- Using a razor blade, cut a two-inch thick sheet of foam the same size as the board.
- Then, using spray adhesive, spray the entire top portion of the plywood and adhere the foam to the board. After that, wait one or two minutes for the adhesive to completely solidify.
- Then, for the seat cover, cut a thick piece of vinyl that crosses the plywood edges by 3 inches. Following that, place the plywood in the center of the vinyl that is coated in foam, with the foam facing the vinyl. Fold one vinyl side up and secure it to the board with a large size stapler.
- Secure the opposing end of the vinyl by dragging it taut and stapling it in place. Carry out the same procedure on the remaining two sides. Create the back seat using the same plywood and foam as in stages one and four. The backrest should be the correct size for your child’s height, or it can be the same size as the front seat provided you choose a comfortable seat belt that fits snugly around the infant.
- Calculate the distance from the rear roof maintenance stick or rod to the bumper. Cut a pair of metal pipes to the desired length using a grinder equipped with an angle-cutting disc.
- Trace the pipes in the place where they must be twisted or curved at a 90-degree angle to reach the bumper directly. Light the propane torch and hold it over the trace or mark until the metal is scorching hot enough to bend. Bend the pipes now and allow them to cool. Clutch the first pipe against the second one while curling the pipe to ensure they are both at the identical angle.
We now understand how to properly put a baby seat and how to install a baby car seat on a golf cart. Let’s discuss some critical safety considerations for properly driving a golf cart with your children.
Adhering to the regulations is critical.
The best approach to ensure the safety of passengers and drivers is to follow LSV or golf cart legislation. The most critical factor is to ensure that a trained and licensed driver is behind the wheel. Please refrain from permitting more passengers than the specified number.
Furthermore, you should avoid any post-factory setting. Never change or disable the cart’s speed controller.
Golf Cart Car Seat Laws
Golf cart and NEV (Neighborhood Electric Vehicles) restrictions differ by state and even by county or local government body. So check with your local jurisdiction to determine which requirements apply.
Our research revealed that if children forced to ride in a car seat, they can also compel to ride in a golf cart.
There are several fundamental contrasts between operating a standard golf cart on a golf course and using a golf cart or NEV on public highways.
Instilling in your children a sense of essential safety
It’s incredible and enjoyable for the children to ride in a golf cart. However, because it is a moving vehicle, even at a slow pace, special restrictions must be followed. Remind your children to remain seated with their feet resting on the cart floor as long as the cart is moving.
Seatbelts, particularly for youngsters, must be worn, and passengers must hang on to the safety bar. A parent can follow the very basic and beginner’s guide on how to install a baby car seat on a golf cart.
Your children should be placed in a forward-facing seat since they are more likely to fall out of a rear-facing seat.
How do you ride a baby in a golf cart?
Babies are particularly susceptible to golf carts due to the lack of suitable kid safety belts. Babies should always be secured into rear-facing car seats, preferably with anchors integrated into the vehicle’s structure. You can read our above instructions related, to how to install a baby car seat on a golf cart.